The Turf Company was founded in 1979 with a vision of providing the highest quality turf grass products to landscapers and homeowners. Since our early days as a small farm outside of Boise, Idaho, we have grown considerably, and now provide a greener life for people all over the Western United States.
Our founder, Darwin McKay, started The Turf Company with a small amount of acreage and some used equipment. He has since gone on to serve as president of the Turf Producers International, teach horticulture to students of Boise State University, and assist in the development and research of several types of new, revolutionary turf types. Many in the Boise area have heard Darwin on local radio talk shows, offering advice on how to properly care for your lawn.
As founder, and president of The Turf Company, he is testament of our commitment to a greener world.
As a company, we are constantly engaged in continuous improvement of our products and services. Our turf crops are meticulously cared for and nurtured. Our customers can create a new lawn, assured in the fact that each roll of turf grass from The Turf Company is disease-and-weed-free.
The focus of our turf grass research and development can best be expressed in the five D’s of turf grass:
- Darker – early spring green up and better summer color
- Denser – an increase in leaf tissue coupled with finer leaves
- Disease Resistant – varieties resistant to chewing insects and patch diseases
- Drought Tolerant – lower water usage saves you money during hot summer months
- Deeper Root Systems – providing better access to water and nutrients
We are so confident of our product, that we guarantee you will not find a finer turf grass anywhere!